Translate

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Have yourself a Country Christmas


Winter time is here and time for the holidays!
How do you decorate for the season?
Do you have a theme, colors you use?

This year I decided to have a Country Christmas.
I have burlap, white and lots of natural items
filling my house this year.

I have made a few lanterns to have around the house and have made smallers versions
to hang on my tree instead of string lights.  I have been casing my local
dollar store for battery tea lights for the smaller version and used the battery
small candles for the larger lanterns.



I started with having my base and cap pieces at 5x5 inches
as that is one of the measurements to use my Martha Stewart 
punch set to punch all the edges and corners.



I then decided to have a 4 inch lantern and cut 2 pieces 5in. tall and
8 1/2 in. long.  The extra 1/2" is to have tabs to make your lantern frame.

I used a framelits die to cut out the windows on all the sides.


I made a small box to become a bottom frame to attach the 
lantern panels to.  This small box is 4 in. Sides are 1/2"


I then attached to frame to the punched 5x5 piece



For the second punched 5x5 piece, I attached another 4" small box
to make the top.  This is the foundation and slides into the top of the 
lantern panels.



For the top I started with 4 panels cut to these measurements



Here it is cut out.

You take the 4 panels and attach in this manner

Once you have the four together, you glue the last edges together
and it forms the top




Attach to the top frame base and 5x5 punched piece
and you have your top.



Now just decorate to your liking with colors and embellishements.


I am using a Sherri Baldy My Besties digi image




There are several adorable images for the holidays that you
could use on various projects this holiday season.

You can check them all out at




Happy Crafting



I would like to enter into these challenges for this project:








16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color it Create it Show it Off challenge!! ~DT Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful project and a beautifully coloured image. The step by step is fabulous.
    Thank-you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore December Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great work! Thanks for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge Blog.
    Bye, Groetjes van Ine (DT)
    http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Heather. I love how you share your entire process and I will be back to learn how to make one myself. It's just gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color It Create It Show It Off Challenge.

    With smiles
    Laine Kammeraad
    DT Color It Create It Show It Off

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning project Heather. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color it Create it Show it off.
    Hugs Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a brilliant project. Thank you for the tutorial as well, it was kind of you to do so..
    Thank you for joining us over at My Besties Aussie Challenge..
    Hugs
    Donna DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creation Heather ! Love the golden colors on our little Bestie girl! Thank you for your participation in Colour it Create it Show it off! Enjoy the holidays! Regards, Gina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Beautiful Project ... love it and great tut.
    Thank you for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge.
    Hugs Rose xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful project.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful project. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us in the brand new year.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Color It Create It Show It Off DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. They are always appreciated.